The Study Committees (or Working Groups) are set up by the Directing Committee to deal with topics selected by the UIE members. The missions of these study committees are, each in its area, to:
- monitor scientific, technical and informative development and collect data.
- encourage investigation and exchange of information and experience
- assemble knowledge and know-how and organise their dissemination in a suitable form.
At present, there are three active Working Groups:
- Electricity Applications
- Power Quality & Impact of Electricity Applications on the Electricity Supply System
- Education, Research & Dissemination of Knowledge